Fixed Glass (GS)
Residential Skylights for Curb Mount Applications
Our fixed curb mount GS model is designed to be used on a site-built curb. Curb mounted skylights consist of an insulated glass sealed between a thermally efficient ,maintenance free, vinyl curb frame and an aluminum outer retainer frame. Wasco flashing (shingle and tile roofs only) is installed around the site-built curb. The skylight is then mounted onto the flashed curb and fastened into place. SkyBlinds and other accessories are available. The GS model is available in standard and custom sizes, with a wide range of finish color options and glazings meet Energy Star requirements in all states.
- Outstanding performance for tile or metal roofs as well as wood shingle and shake, or common asphalt or fiberglass shingles
- Well-suited to thick roofing materials such as clay tile and concrete
- Rugged, one-piece Permatherm® Vinyl Curb reduces thermal conductivity and condensation
- Built-in condensation channel controls indoor moisture in higher humidity areas
- Co-extruded Weather Gasket ensures minimal air infiltration
- Protective aluminum retainer with durable enamel finish
- Integral Nailing Sill for fast and easy installation
- Standard sizes fit 16″ and 24″ on-center roof rafters
- For use with curb and flashing. Minimum 3½” curb height required.
- No minimum roof pitch required
- Not for vertical applications
- 10 Year leak free warranty
- Standard Sizes
- Glazes and Finishes
- Performance Data
|Outside Curb Dimension||17.5″ X 33.5″||17.5″ X 49.5″||25.5″ X 25.5″||25.5″ X 33.5″||25.5″ X 41.5″||25.5″ X 49.5″||25.5″ X 57.5″||33.5″ X 33.5″||33.5″ X 49.5″||33.5″ X 57.5″||49.5″ X 49.5″|
|Daylight Area||13.125″ X 29.125″||13.125″ X 45.125″||21.125″ X 21.125″||21.125″ X 29.125″||21.125″ X 37.125″||21.125″ X 45.125″||21.125″ X 53.125″||29.125″ X 29.125″||29.125″ X 45.125″||29.125″ X 53.125″||45.125″ X 45.125″|
|Daylight Opening (Square Feet)||2.65||4.11||3.09||4.27||5.45||6.61||7.79||5.89||9.12||10.74||14.14|
Custom sizes are available. Contact your local residential dealer or call 800-388-0293.
Curb dimensions based upon 1½” thickness. Both the rough opening and outside curb dimension must be adhered to for proper fit.
The standard baked enamel finish for all Curb Mount Skylights is Quaker Bronze. Nine additional designer colors are available, as well as copper cladding.
eMAX3 Triple Silver Coated Glazing
Wasco’s standard glazing. eMAX3 is an energy efficient tempered over tempered glazing which meets the version 6.0 Energy Star program for all climate zones. The eMAX3 Triple Silver Coated Series is a high performance Low-E insulated tempered glass with argon. Also available with tempered over laminated glass.
See fixed model GSHR. Wasco® Skylights with hurricane-resistant glazing meet IBC/IRC/FBC and other stringent state building codes for skylights installed in Wind Zone 3 coastal applications. Hurricane resistant glass appears to be ordinary glass, but shields against damage from wind-borne debris, accidental impacts, forced entry and even unwanted noise.
Thermal Performance per NFRC 100
NFRC tested, rated and certified. Explanation of Terms VLT (Visible Light): Radiant energy from 380nm – 780nm wavelengths. (% Transmittance): percentage of visible light directly transmitted through glass. U-Factor: Air-to-air thermal conductance of glass and associated air/gas layers; units are Btu/hr.ft2 deg F. SHGC (Solar Heat Gain Coefficient): Fraction of solar energy transferred indoors both directly (radiation) and indirectly (convection/absorption/re-radiation) through the glass (for reference, 1/8″ clear glass has a SHGC of 0.86).