Radiance™ – Prismatic Hyperboloid Unit Skylight
Wasco’s Radiance Series skylights let in more daylight, while providing the optimum level of diffusion to eliminate hot spots. Its hyperboloid shape provides glare-free natural light at all times of the day, reducing the need for electric lighting.
Radiance’s one piece extruded vinyl curb frame incorporates a condensation channel, aluminum retainer frame, and double glazed prismatic IR blocking impact modified acrylic glazing that reflects solar radiation.
- Double domed white over clear, impact modified, IR blocking acrylic
- For use on 1½” thick site-built or prefabricated curbs
- Unit fully assembled with stainless steel screws and high performance structural acrylic adhesive foam tape
- Heat welded one-piece curb frame construction – heavy vinyl extruded curb frame, integral condensation gutter and counter-flashing downward leg
- Aluminum extruded heliarc welded retainer frame
- Glazes and Finishes
- Safety Considerations
|Model||O.D. of Curb|
|DDPRCS-5252||49 ¼” x 49 ¼”|
|DDPRCS-5555||51″ x 51″|
|DDPRCS-5296||49 ¼” x 92 ½”|
|DDPRCS-55102||51″ x 99″|
|DDPRCS-6678||63″ x 75″|
Custom sizes available for larger quantities, contact your local representative or Wasco for more information.
Frame finish is PVC, white interior and bronze exterior. Aluminum retainer frame.
- Mill (Standard)
- Anodized, Kynar 500, Baked Enamel (more information)
- Copper Clad
- Outer: White conical pattern prismatic impact modified sheet with infrared blocking additive.
- Inner: Clear conical pattern prismatic impact modified sheet.
Meets DP30 or greater (DP20 per AC16)
<0.1 L/s/m² @ 6.24 psf when tested per ASTM E283 / AC16
No leakage @ 12 psf when tested per ASTM E547 / AC16
|Smoke Density||16.5 per ASTM D2843|
|Combustibility Classification||CC2 per ASTM D-635|
|Self-Ignition Temperature||>850 per ASTM D-1929|
VT: 73% per ASTM D1003
SHGC: 0.58 per NFRC 200
U factor: 0.59 per NFRC 100
Skylights pose an inherent risk of injury or death from fall throughs, and the safety of others is of the utmost importance to VELUX. VELUX recommends that the customer, building owner or manager use additional protection with the skylight such as an exterior or interior safety cage, to enhance long-term safety. The building owner or manager is responsible for providing fall protection around the skylight in accordance with OSHA regulations. VELUX also recommends that the building owner or manager restrict roof access only to personnel who have been cautioned as to the location of the skylights, and warned not to sit, step or walk on the skylights.