Hurricane Resistant (GSHR)
Residential Skylights for Curb Mount Applications
Wasco Skylights with hurricane-resistant glazing meet IBC/IRC/FBC, and other stringent state building codes for skylights installed in Wind Zone 3 coastal applications. (FL#14417.12)
Our fixed curb mount hurricane resistant GSHR model is designed to be used on a site-built curb. Curb mounted skylights consist of an insulated glass sealed between a thermally efficient, maintenance free, vinyl curb frame and an aluminum outer retainer frame. Wasco flashing (shingle and tile roofs only) is installed around the site-built curb. The skylight is then mounted onto the flashed curb and fastened into place. SkyBlinds and other accessories are available. The GS model is available in standard sizes, with a wide range of finish color options.
- Outstanding performance for tile or metal roofs as well as wood shingle and shake, or common asphalt or fiberglass shingles
- Well-suited to thick roofing materials such as clay tile and concrete
- Rugged, one-piece Permatherm® Vinyl Curb reduces thermal conductivity and condensation
- Built-in condensation channel controls indoor moisture in higher humidity areas
- Co-extruded Weather Gasket ensures minimal air infiltration
- Protective aluminum retainer with durable enamel finish
- Integral Nailing Sill for fast and easy installation
- Standard sizes fit 16″ and 24″ on-center roof rafters
- For use with curb and flashing. Minimum 3½” curb height required.
- No minimum roof pitch required
- Not for vertical applications
- 10 Year leak free warranty
- Standard Sizes
- Glazes and Finishes
|Outside Curb Dimension||17.5″ X 33.5″||17.5″ X 49.5″||25.5″ X 25.5″||25.5″ X 33.5″||25.5″ X 41.5″||25.5″ X 49.5″||33.5″ X 33.5″||33.5″ X 49.5″||49.5″ X 49.5″|
|Daylight Area||13.125″ X 29.125″||13.125″ X 45.125″||21.125″ X 21.125″||21.125″ X 29.125″||21.125″ X 37.125″||21.125″ X 45.125″||29.125″ X 29.125″||29.125″ X 45.125″||45.125″ X 45.125″|
|Daylight Opening (Square Feet)||2.65||4.11||3.09||4.27||5.45||6.61||5.89||9.12||14.14|
Custom sizes are not available for this model
Curb dimensions based upon 1½” thickness. Both the rough opening and outside curb dimension must be adhered to for proper fit.
The standard baked enamel finish for all Curb Mount Skylights is Quaker Bronze. Nine additional designer colors are available, as well as copper cladding.
Wasco’s hurricane-resistant glazing meets IBC/IRC/FBC and other stringent state building codes for skylights installed in Wind Zone 3 coastal applications. (FL#14417.12)
Wasco uses hurricane-resistant insulating glass made of heat strengthened low-E lites permanently bonded with one or more interlayers of durable SGP (DuPont SentryGlas® Plus). Broken glass fragments adhere to the bonded plastic vinyl interlayer, reducing the risk of injury, shattered glass and breaching the building envelope.