Extended Pyramid – Polycarbonate
Wasco’s metal-framed translucent skylight structures offer virtually unlimited design possibilities for a fully customized configuration. Our extended pyramid metal-framed translucent skylight structures support spans of up to 40’ wide and unlimited lengths. Available in a wide range of finish options.
- Reduces labor and material costs in both new construction and renovation projects
- Excellent UV protection
- Available with Lumira® Aerogel for superior thermal performance
Click color swatches below to preview.
Kynar and Baked Enamel colors shown. Anodized colors also available.
- Framing Options
- Polycarbonate Glazing Options
- Finish Options
Our light-framed, economical Classic System can ship preassembled and preglazed.
With insulating glass and a thermally broken perimeter sill, the fully thermalized Wasco Classic structural system offers architects unlimited options for dramatic, cost-effective designs.
- Components are prefabricated for easy installation on site
- Designed for pyramids up to 6’6”x6’6” and double pitch and hipped end units up to 5′ wide by unlimited length
- Versatile curb-mount design using site-built curbs for both pitched and flat roof applications
- Standard pitches available include 5:12, 7:12 and 12:12
- Concealed fasteners and narrow framing members for clean, aesthetically pleasing appearance
- Integral condensation gutters drain water to the exterior for full moisture control
- Urethane thermal break incorporated around perimeter to minimize condensation on aluminum components
- One of the industry’s first light-framed skylighting systems capable of utilizing today’s high performance glazings
For spectacular large-scale custom structures spanning up to 40 feet, at any pitch you desire between 15° and 60°.
With its variable-pitch hinge design, the Pinnacle Systems offer you the versatility of a custom configured structural skylight system with the reliability and cost savings of standardized engineering, construction and installation. Fast on-site assembly and installation. Spans up to 40 feet, at any pitch you desire between 15° and 60°.
- Built to order from stock for shorter lead times
- Fewer parts, faster on-site assembly
- Narrow profiles provide clean lines
- Larger span capability
- Available in Hurricane Resistant
Components always assemble the same consistent way. Sills encompass the entire perimeter so installers rely less on sealants.
Continuous sill enclosure around skylight perimeter helps reduce air infiltration through weep holes and effectively guards against water intrusion. Thermally-enhanced construction.
Through bolt fastening system further eases installation, providing a clean, aesthetically pleasing look on both the interior and exterior.
|Framing System||Supports Spans Up To (Approximate)*||Aluminum Rafter Tube Depth|
|Pinnacle 350||18′ Wide||3.5″|
|Pinnacle 600||30′ Wide||6″|
|Pinnacle 900||40′ Wide||9″|
|*Approximate span widths depending on configuration and load. Contact your local sales representative for more information.|
Standard glazing of 25mm multiwall polycarbonate panels in Opal, Opal IR, Clear or Bronze. Lumira® Aerogel filled panels are available for greater thermal performance. Other colors and panel thicknesses are available, contact your local sales representative for more information.
Wasco skylight structures are available in a broad range of colors and finishes:
- Mill (Standard)
- Anodized, Kynar 500, Baked Enamel (more information)
- Copper Clad
|Flame Spread||25mm Panel||ASTM E-84 / UL 723||5 Flame / 75 Smoke|
|Smoke Developed||IBC Class: CC1 Rated|
|Burn Extent||25mm Panel||ASTM D-635||CC1 – less than 1”/minute|
|Self Ignition Temperature||25mm Panel||ASTM D-1929||>650 deg F|
|OSHA Fall Protection||Complete System||OSHA (CFR) 29 part 1926||Passed – 800ft/lb impact load|
|Structural Performance||Complete System||(Job Specific Engineering Calculations will be provided)|
|Air Infiltration||Complete System||ASTM E-283||<0.01 cfm/ft² @ 6.2psf|
|Water Penetration||Complete System||ASTM E-331||No Water Penetration @ 15psf|
|U-factor||25mm Panel||NFRC-100||Opal IR Panel|
|Solar Heat Gain Coefficient||25mm Panel||NFRC-200||Opal IR Panel|
|Visible Light Transmission||25mm Panel||NFRC-202||Opal IR Panel|
|Colors – Standard*||LT||SHGC||U-Factor|
|Opal IR (Infrared Blocking)||24%||0.37||0.36|
|Opal with Lumira Aerogel||27%||0.40||0.11|
|Clear with Lumira Aerogel||59%||0.61||0.11|
|10 Years||ASTM D-1925||Yellowing, Loss of Light Transmission Compared to original value
<6 Delta E after 10 Years
<2% Light Transmission after 10 Years
*Other colors and panel thicknesses are available, contact your local sales representative for more information.