Job Type: Full-time
Required education: Bachelor’s
Required Experience: Buyer Experience 2-5 years
The right person will bring a positive and can do attitude to this role. This position is a multi-faceted position with great opportunity for growth.
We offer a very competitive compensation package, which has an outstanding benefit package including: health insurance, long and short term disability, life insurance, dental, optical, 401K matching retirement program, 10 paid holidays, and company paid continuing education.
The Buyer reports to the Production Manager and helps analyze and manage scenarios that balance demand and supply while optimizing inventory and minimizing the impact of demand volatility.
- Receive and analyze purchasing demands to determine product/service purchase quantity, specifications and delivery requirements.
- Place orders, obtain PO acknowledgements from suppliers and expedite deliveries with vendors to ensure timely delivery of material to support manufacturing and meet and exceed customer service.
- Monitor the flows of buy items, guarantee availability of components in order to avoid material shortages and production downtime.
- Monitor supplier’s capacity, constraints, lead-times and overall inventory commitments;
- Maintain proactive shortage identification and management – help flag root causes & corrective actions.
- Utilize Effectively MRP system to maintain relevant data based on standard operating procedures/guidelines and desired stocking levels.
- Update item master list to include lead-time, order policy, safety stock, and other order modifiers.
- Ensure resolution of invoicing discrepancies with suppliers and accounting.
- Identify and characterize supplier returns & manage rework
- Create, implement, and maintain processes designed to reduce shortages, control inventory levels, and increase efficiency (Cycle Counting, Kanban).
- Cooperate with Engineering for new product implementation to mitigate risk of inventory product obsolescence.
Experience and Skills Required:
- Skilled in production and supplier scheduling.
- Knowledgeable of supplier processes and capabilities.
- Computer proficient with ERP.
- Basic mathematical skills.
- Understanding of rate based or flow line (non-MRP) and job shop manufacturing environments.
- Knowledgeable/experienced in operations, inventory management, MRP and lean manufacturing processes.
- Knowledgeable/experienced with visual management systems.
Other Success Factors:
- Focus on bottom line results.
- Proactive change agent and possess leadership skills to build and maintain a cooperative environment while leveraging lean methodologies.
- Flexible, decisive and proactive problem solver.
- Work well in high pressure, fast-paced environment.
- Strong communicator, both written & verbal.
- Ability to influence external suppliers to achieve fulfillment objectives.
- Possess a strong customer service orientation and must provide dedicated support of internal customer requirements.
- Possess strong organizational skills, with ability to work on multiple priorities at once.
If you are interested in becoming a part of our dynamic team, please e-mail Human Resources at with your application or resume.