Hurricane Resistant (GSHR)
Residential Skylights for Curb Mount Applications
Wasco Skylights with hurricane-resistant glazing meet Dade County, IBC/IRC/FBC, and other stringent state building codes for skylights installed in Wind Zone 3 coastal applications. Hurricane resistant glass appears to be ordinary glass, but shields against damage from wind-borne debris, accidental impacts, forced entry and even unwanted noise. Not available in venting models.
Our fixed curb mount hurricane resistant GSHR model is designed to be used on a site-built curb. Curb mounted skylights consist of an insulated glass sealed between a thermally efficient, maintenance free, vinyl curb frame and an aluminum outer retainer frame. Wasco flashing (shingle and tile roofs only) is installed around the site-built curb. The skylight is then mounted onto the flashed curb and fastened into place. SkyBlinds and other accessories are available. The GS model is available in standard and custom sizes, with a wide range of finish color options.
- Outstanding performance for tile or metal roofs as well as wood shingle and shake, or common asphalt or fiberglass shingles
- Well-suited to thick roofing materials such as clay tile and concrete
- Rugged, one-piece Permatherm® Vinyl Curb reduces thermal conductivity and condensation
- Built-in condensation channel controls indoor moisture in higher humidity areas
- Co-extruded Weather Gasket ensures minimal air infiltration
- Protective aluminum retainer with durable enamel finish
- Integral Nailing Sill for fast and easy installation
- Standard sizes fit 16″ and 24″ on-center roof rafters
- For use with curb and flashing. Minimum 3½” curb height required.
- No minimum roof pitch required
- Not for vertical applications
- Performance Data
- Glazes and Finishes
- Standard Sizes
The standard baked enamel finish for all Curb Mount Skylights is Quaker Bronze. Nine additional designer colors are available, as well as copper cladding.
Wasco’s hurricane-resistant glazing meets Dade County, IBC/IRC/FBC and other stringent state building codes for skylights installed in Wind Zone 3 coastal applications.
Though it looks like ordinary glass, hurricane-resistant glass shields against damage from wind-borne debris, accidental impacts, forced entry, even unwanted noise. It’s made of heat strengthened low-E lites permanently bonded with one or more layers of PET film and durable PVB (polyvinyl butyral) resin sheeting. In exhaustive impact tests, broken glass fragments have adhered to the bonded plastic vinyl interlayer, reducing the risk of injury, shattered glass and breaching the building envelope.
|Outside Curb Dimension||17.5″ X 33.5″||17.5″ X 49.5″||25.5″ X 25.5″||25.5″ X 33.5″||25.5″ X 41.5″||25.5″ X 49.5″||33.5″ X 33.5″||33.5″ X 49.5″||49.5″ X 49.5″|
|Daylight Area||13.125″ X 29.125″||13.125″ X 45.125″||21.125″ X 21.125″||21.125″ X 29.125″||21.125″ X 37.125″||21.125″ X 45.125″||29.125″ X 29.125″||29.125″ X 45.125″||45.125″ X 45.125″|
|Daylight Opening (Square Feet)||2.65||4.11||3.09||4.27||5.45||6.61||5.89||9.12||14.14|
Custom sizes are available. Contact your local residential dealer or call 800-388-0293.
Curb dimensions based upon 1½” thickness. Both the rough opening and outside curb dimension must be adhered to for proper fit.