Hurricane Resistant (GSHR)
Residential Skylights for Curb Mount Applications
Wasco Skylights with hurricane-resistant glazing meet Dade County, IBC/IRC/FBC, and other stringent state building codes for skylights installed in Wind Zone 3 coastal applications. Hurricane resistant glass appears to be ordinary glass, but shields against damage from wind-borne debris, accidental impacts, forced entry and even unwanted noise. Not available in venting models.
Our fixed curb mount hurricane resistant GSHR model is designed to be used on a site-built curb. Curb mounted skylights consist of an insulated glass sealed between a thermally efficient, maintenance free, vinyl curb frame and an aluminum outer retainer frame. Wasco flashing (shingle and tile roofs only) is installed around the site-built curb. The skylight is then mounted onto the flashed curb and fastened into place. SkyBlinds and other accessories are available. The GS model is available in standard sizes, with a wide range of finish color options.
- Outstanding performance for tile or metal roofs as well as wood shingle and shake, or common asphalt or fiberglass shingles
- Well-suited to thick roofing materials such as clay tile and concrete
- Rugged, one-piece Permatherm® Vinyl Curb reduces thermal conductivity and condensation
- Built-in condensation channel controls indoor moisture in higher humidity areas
- Co-extruded Weather Gasket ensures minimal air infiltration
- Protective aluminum retainer with durable enamel finish
- Integral Nailing Sill for fast and easy installation
- Standard sizes fit 16″ and 24″ on-center roof rafters
- For use with curb and flashing. Minimum 3½” curb height required.
- No minimum roof pitch required
- Not for vertical applications
- Glazes and Finishes
- Standard Sizes
The standard baked enamel finish for all Curb Mount Skylights is Quaker Bronze. Nine additional designer colors are available, as well as copper cladding.
Wasco’s hurricane-resistant glazing meets Dade County, IBC/IRC/FBC and other stringent state building codes for skylights installed in Wind Zone 3 coastal applications.
Though it looks like ordinary glass, hurricane-resistant glass shields against damage from wind-borne debris, accidental impacts, forced entry, even unwanted noise. It’s made of heat strengthened low-E lites permanently bonded with one or more interlayers of durable SGP (DuPont SentryGlas® Plus). In exhaustive impact tests, broken glass fragments have adhered to the bonded plastic vinyl interlayer, reducing the risk of injury, shattered glass and breaching the building envelope.
|Outside Curb Dimension||17.5″ X 33.5″||17.5″ X 49.5″||25.5″ X 25.5″||25.5″ X 33.5″||25.5″ X 41.5″||25.5″ X 49.5″||33.5″ X 33.5″||33.5″ X 49.5″||49.5″ X 49.5″|
|Daylight Area||13.125″ X 29.125″||13.125″ X 45.125″||21.125″ X 21.125″||21.125″ X 29.125″||21.125″ X 37.125″||21.125″ X 45.125″||29.125″ X 29.125″||29.125″ X 45.125″||45.125″ X 45.125″|
|Daylight Opening (Square Feet)||2.65||4.11||3.09||4.27||5.45||6.61||5.89||9.12||14.14|
Custom sizes are not available for this model
Curb dimensions based upon 1½” thickness. Both the rough opening and outside curb dimension must be adhered to for proper fit.